It's time for the first report, which will document the state of projects as I start WIPocalypse. First up, an actual finish - the first one of 2012. Sophie's Sheep by Plum Street Samplers:
On to the WIPs. First we have Twilight Pearls Leaf Ball by Just Nan.
I thought I was further along, until I actually pulled it out to look at it. You can tell it's been sitting for a while by observing all the horrible creases in the fabric. Good thing all of the leaves will be cut out and ultimately have stuffing behind them. <vbg>
Next up is The Royal Canadian by Silver Lining, done over one:
The fabric isn't quite as deep a blue as it looks in this photo.
Next we have the Mill Hill Jeweled Ornament series from 2011. I'm counting them as one project, since I intend to enter them in a needlework show (Montpelier Needlearts) as a set.
The first two are completely stitched, the third is partially done (lots of confetti), and the other three haven't been touched yet. Once they're all done, I'll get some sticky-backed felt and cut them out for finishing.
Christmas Celebration (Periwinkle Promises) was started last Thanksgiving, and has seen a lot of love until the current band, which is white on white. (on 36ct fabric) So not a good project for anywhere without really good light.
And my New Year's start, Baroque by Ink Circles over one on 28ct:
I did not get very far on this one. Sorry for the horribly blurry photo. The camera in my phone doesn't do macro, and I can't find the charger for my actual camera.
Last (at least on the list as it currently stands) is Amazing Colors by Needle Delights:
The piece is 12 x 12 squares, so I'm 9/144ths of the way done.
The last project on my list is a group stitching project, with everyone putting in some stitching time. So until it's my turn to work on it, it will just lurk on the list.
I have four Tuesday night stitching sessions and another stitching group meets this Sunday, so I should have at least some progress to show next month.







6 comments:
Everything looks awesome, Carol. Let's see what we can get done on Tuesday night! I have to decide what to bring next since all I have left on my nymph is beading. Can't see myself beading at Sharon's
Congrats on the first finish of the year! And I love all those bright colors on your canvas piece.
A finish is a great way to start 2012! Your other projects look like awesome ones, cant' wait to see how you do! :)
You have lots of very different projects going. It will be interesting to see them grow.
Oh those squares look lovely. Love all the progress keep it up!
Great projects! I'm really curious about the Just Nan one. Congrats on your first finish!
Post a Comment